Blood Omnicide Preview is over 29/07/2016, now it’s time to test wrath of the Pillars.
Blood Omnicide is a project to port Blood Omen: Legacy Of Kain in 3D using Darkplaces engine. The main goal is to save original game’s feel and provide nearly same gameplay and balance. By the way there are many improvements & innovations, just because of the nature of porting. Most critical ones are optional in order not to violate game experience. Second goal is to provide game SDK that is open for modifications and additions so Omnicide can be used as a base for expansion packs and mods created in the world of Blood Omen. Therefore, map editor and gamecode source are included with the game.
Blood Omnicide is a modification, it provides a patch to port original game to new rendering pipeline. Blood Omnicide require original PC or Playstation version of Blood Omen in order to play. IF YOU DON’T HAVE BLOOD OMEN, YOU CAN STILL PLAY PREVIEW VERSION OF BLOOD OMNICIDE BY SELECTING “I DON’T HAVE BLOOD OMEN” OPTION DURING INSTALLATION.
WHAT’s NEW IN v0.1?
Blood Omnicide v0.1 is next big step from Blood Omnicide Demo released in 2011:
- Gameplay from Prologue til Nachtholm
- Lots of new game features
- Complete overhaul of graphics pipeline
- Now build on modified Darkplaces engine
- Embedded map editor, physic viewer, particles editor, decorator and more
- New “Echoes of Omnicide” modern soundtrack from Kyle ♓ Myers
- Five languages embedded: English, Italian, Hungarian, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian
- and more, please visit complete feature list at Blood Wiki
Installer (970Mb): download blood_omnicide_v0.1 setup
Blood Omnicide comes in the form of installer, which provides game installation in two steps:
- Step 1: Copying of Blood Omnicide files
- Step 2: Installation of Blood Omen files
During the installation process you will be prompted to insert a disk or give a path to a image files of Blood Omen: Legacy Of Kain for PC or for PlayStation, or select “I don’t have Blood Omen” option. Once the game is installed, you can reinstall Blood Omen resources by running “setup.exe” (if you want to switch from demo to full version).
To play game, run “launch.exe” and run new game.
- Use Arrows to move Kain.
- Use “Alt” to attack.
- Use “Ctrl” to activate object/suck blood.
- Use “Shift” to cast spell.
- Use “F1” to open Inventory.
- Use F2/F3/F4 to switch between form/spell and artifact.
- Use F6 to view map.
- Use F9/F10 to turn camera around.
- Use F11 to adjust gamma in game (more precise gamma control available in video options)
If you have any issues or questions regarding the game, consider visiting our official web-page: http://omnicide.razorwind.ru/en and using the feedback form.
Known issues and ways to avoid them are available at Blood Wiki .